Hearty black beans, creamy avocado, and flavorful mango salsa combine to make the best mango tacos!
Are you obsessed with mangos like I am? Then these mango tacos were made for you! And they are so, so easy to make -- perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I can't wait for you to try them!
My mango salsa -- with a few tweaks -- is the base for this mango taco recipe. I've upped the amounts of a few ingredients, so those flavors don't get lost when you add in the beans.
Start by mixing up all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Then, set this aside while you drain and rinse a can of black beans and slice up a Haas avocado.
It's important that you let the salsa sit for at least a few minutes, because it will start to get a bit saucy as it sits. In fact, you can make the salsa the night before, if you want to!
Now, toss the rinsed beans into the bowl of salsa, and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Divvy the mango-black bean salsa mixture up between corn tortillas, top each taco off with some sliced avocado, and dinner is served!
If you like, you can also top your mango tacos with a drizzle of vegan sour cream or cashew cream and a sprinkle of cilantro. I like how this looks and the added texture and flavor it brings to the mix.
How to store
Store leftover filling in an airtight container, separate from the tortillas and any toppings. Leftovers will keep for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
I recommend only slicing the avocado for as many tacos as you know you're making, since it doesn't keep well after slicing. If you do have leftover sliced avocado, toss it with lime juice before storing to help prevent browning and use it by the next day. It won't spoil, but it will look very off-putting!
Vegan mango tacos with black beans
For the mango salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh mango
- ⅓ cup minced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1-3 tablespoons minced jalapeno - remove the seeds or use bell pepper, if you prefer a less spicy taco
- ¼ cup loosely-packed chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime - zest and juice
- salt - to taste
For the tacos
- 1 15- ounce can of black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 Haas avocado - sliced
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Toss all of the salsa ingredients, except for the salt, together right in your serving dish, then season to taste with salt. Chill while you drain and rinse the beans and slice the avocado.
- Add the beans to the salsa. Taste, and add extra lime juice and salt, if needed.
- Divide the salsa-bean mixture between your tortillas. Serve topped with the avocado and extra fresh cilantro. You can also add a drizzle of vegan sour cream or cashew cream, if you like!