It is so easy to make taquitos in the air fryer! This version of air fryer taquitos is stuffed with smoky black beans.
My smoky black bean dip is the filling for these vegan taquitos. The recipe makes more dip than you will need for filling, so have some chips on standby!
You can make your taquitos using corn or flour tortillas, so feel free to use what you have!
To make the bean filling, you truly just toss everything into a food processor, and run it on high until you have a nice, creamy mixture. If you don't have a food processor, you can mash this up by hand instead.
Some lumps and whole beans are fine -- you just want it to be somewhat cohesive, because that will help it hold up best in the air fryer.
Spread the bean filling down the middle of one tortilla, and it's time to roll! As you roll, filling may try to escape from the ends. Just use your fingers to stuff any escapees back in, and keep on rolling.
It's important that you roll these up tightly and press them gently with your hand before cooking. If your roll is too loose, these can unfurl during cooking.
You will need to cook these in two batches. Even my big, 6-quart air fryer could only fit four taquitos at a time.
Spray your taquitos with oil, so they get crispy on top as they cook, and air fry. You could skip the oil, in theory, but it makes such a big difference in the finished texture. Just make sure you're using an oil spritz bottle and not a sprayer with propellant, as the latter can damage your air fryer basket.
How to store and reheat
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For reheating, you've got options! You can reheat your taquitos in the air fryer at 350° F for five to seven minutes. If you're in a hurry, just throw them into the microwave instead.
Air fryer taquitos
For the bean filling
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 7-ounce can chilis in adobo sauce - You'll need 1 chili and 2 tablespoons of the sauce from the can.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup packed cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt - to taste
For the taquitos
- 8 6-inch corn or whole wheat tortillas
- spray oil
Make the bean filling
- Add all of the bean filling ingredients to your food processor, and run it on high until you have a nice, creamy mix.
Assemble and cook the taquitos
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the bean filling in a line down the middle of one of your tortillas. Roll it up into a tight tube, and place it seam-side-down into your air fryer basket. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, then press them gently with your hands and spray them with oil, using a manual spritzer, not an aerosol sprayer. You'll need to do this in two batches -- you don't want them to overlap.
- Cook at 400° F for 5-7 minutes.